Version 2.10.5 Explicet Downloads
New Features in Version 2.10.5
For a list of new features in Explicet version 2.10.5, click here: New Features
Explicet for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
Click here: Explicet for 64 bit Windows Systems
Explicet for Windows XP (or 32 bit versions of Vista, Win 7, Win 8) Explicet version 2.10.5 is the final version of Explicet that will support 32 bit Windows (including Windows XP).
Click here: Explicet for 32 bit Windows Systems
In general, the default seems to be 64 bit for Windows 7 and Windows 8. The 64 bit version of Explicet will run slightly faster than the 32 bit version (memory usage is the same for both). If you are not sure whether you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Vista or Windows 7, follow these instructions: Do I have a 32 bit or 64 bit Windows system?
Explicet for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)
Click here: Explicet for Mac Lion, Mt. Lion, Mavericks
Explicet for Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Explicet version 2.10.5 is the final version of Explicet that will support Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Click here: Explicet for Mac Snow Leopard
If you have doubts about which version of Mac OS X you are running, see: Apple Support: Which OS do I have?
Explicet for Linux (CENTOS/RHEL 5.x and CENTOS/RHEL 6.x)
Click here: Explicet for 64 bit Linux
Comprehensive Reference Manual
For the pdf, click here: Explicet Handbook
- This pdf is automatically installed on your computer by the Windows, Mac, and Linux installation procedures - located in Documents or My Documents/Explicet_User_Data on Windows, and Users/Shared/Explicet_Documents on Macs.
Explicet Basic Tutorial
For the pdf (and two required data files), click here: Explicet Tutorials
- These three files are automatically installed on your computer by the Windows, Mac, and Linux installation procedures - located in Documents or My Documents/Explicet_User_Data on Windows, and Users/Shared/Explicet_Documents on Macs.
Explicet Advanced Tutorial: "Create New Metadata within Explicet"
For the pdf, click here: Explicet Tutorials
Explicet Advanced Tutorial: "OTU Rule Sets"
- For the pdf, click here: Coming Soon!
Silva Taxonomy Groups:
- These rules provide automatic grouping at the Phylum, Class, Order, and Family taxonomic levels. To use these rules:
- Download the rules that match your dataset (either Silva111 or Silva115)
File → Import → OTU Rule Sets
- Note that at the top left of the OTU pane, you will now see the name of the OTU rule set you just imported
- Assign grouping rules to each workspace as needed. For example, to create a "Class" workspace:
Click the Clone Workspace button
- Enter "Class" in the dialog box that appears
Group → Workspace/OTU Rule set manager
- For the "Class" workspace, click on the corresponding drop down in the column "OTU Rule Sets" and click the "Class" rules
- Taxonomies in the OTU pane with taxonomic precision greater than or equal to class level will now be grouped together, and the class level taxonomy will be displayed in bold.
- Hover the cursor over any bolded line to see the constituents of that group.
Silva 115 Group Rules
Click here: Silva 115 Group Rules
Silva 111 Group Rules
Click here: Silva 111 Group Rules